Optimal directional drilling performance is about matching the bit to the specific well profile, drive type and lithology. NOV Downhole’s SystemMatched technology recognizes the huge diversity of steerable systems – encompassing the most comprehensive range of steerable motor and rotary steerable bits in the industry coupled with proprietary bit selection software.
Cutting structure, profile, bit length and gauge geometry are customized to offer a SystemMatched approach, derived from long-term, intensive interaction with directional tool suppliers. The SystemMatcher™ tool allows NOV Downhole to optimize bit selection for a specified drive system and well trajectory.
- Variable gauge aggressivity and length to suit application
- Proprietary SteeringWheel® gauge to enhance lateral stability
- Unique SmoothSteer™ gauge geometry to reduce drag and improve steering response
- Innovative solutions to extended gauge requirements
- Proven carbide and diamond-enhanced roller cone gauge designs
- Mathematically modeled to predict drill bit sidecutting capability
- Specific roller cone cutting structures for directional systems
- Stable cutting structures to minimize lateral vibration
- Thermostable Raptor® cutting structures: drills further, faster
- Torque control components to enhance toolface control and reduce stick-slip